EAA CHAPTER 898 MONTHLY UPDATE-FEBRUARY
What a year this has been!!!! It’s very difficult for us to imagine all the flying and special meeting programs we have shared which are now just a fine memory. Each of us is extremely anxious to move on with our lives, including the fellowship we share through our aviation activities. As we look forward to spring and the renewal of our aviation activities, you can be assured that your Chapter Leadership team is continuing to discuss how and when we can begin to meet face-to-face again. Even though we had to move this month’s meeting to February 9th, there is concern over meeting in the Emergency Management Building and the lack of support from the FAA is terms of getting speakers.
Having said all this, OUR MEETING THIS MONTH WILL BE PRESENTED ON LINE. PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS MEETING: Please join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/462832693
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts:
For those who are not able to attend this virtual meeting the following is the agenda for the meeting:
- Minutes of previous meeting will be sent via e-mail
- Treasurer’s report: Balance forward $3081.40 of which $1748.89 is for our scholarship fund. DUES are due now and can be sent to our treasurer, Bob Palamara, 231 Quail Lane North, Lanoka Harbor, NJ 08734
- Weather Vane Project: We continue to build and sell custom Cub weather vanes. Thanks to an article published in “General Aviation News” newspaper on January 7, 2021 our sales have skyrocketed. All moneys generated from this project go to our scholarship fund which is approaching our $2000 goal.
- Dehydrator (engine dryer) Project: Thanks to the support of members we have only one kit for a dehydrator left. Call Bob if you are interested in this last kit. (732-330-3458)
- Building Sessions: We are looking forward to returning to our Wednesday night build sessions in the near future.
- Programs: We hope to return to in person programs in the near future. Please call Bob (732-330-3458) or email email@example.com with any ideas.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HAPPY AVIATION DAYS AGAIN! We’ll try again in March for an in person meeting.
Whether you fly, build, restore or simply enjoy airplanes and aviation, you are welcome to attend our events and join our Chapter.
We are a group of aviation enthusiasts, aircraft builders, and pilots who get together with like minded people to share ideas, exchange information, encourage safety, serve the local aviation community and have a lot of fun doing so. Please come to our next meeting or event as our guest.