Many members of EAA Chapter 1279 are involved in building and flying experimental aircraft as well as owning,flying and maintaining certified aircraft. This chapter has built a vintage Pietenpol aircraft from scratch as a chapter workshop project. We are in the process of adding information on all member owned or built aircraft so please check back to these pages frequently.
Member aircraft and projects
1. Steve Williamson and Peter Griffiths Corvair powered Pietenpol. This aircraft was built during EAA Chapter 1279's Saturday morning workshops during the early 2000's. Photos and building information is available by following the link . Pietenpol link
2. Dave McPhee is building a Continental O-200 powered Fly Baby. It is mostly complete and covered. Wings are in hangar at French Valley airport and expected to be installed next month.
3. Marshal Whatley is building a Sonex with VW power. The aircraft is mostly completed and the first engine start and run-up was successfully completed on July 28, 2018. You can view the video of the occasion by clicking on the following YouTube link. Click here for Sonex first start video w/sound.
4. Will Hartsell is building a Van's RV-12 at his home. He reports that it is coming along nicely and is reporting his progress at each chapter monthly meeting.
5. Dan Casier / Sonex - Dan outlined issues with the production fuel tank that have resulted in the company needing to replace it with a new design. In the meanwhile he is progressing with priming, paint work, and interior layout thoughts. Planning to attend an EAA Avionics workshop.
6. Ken Smith / Spitfire (3/4) from plans. The aircraft is mostly completed with engine mounted at his hangar at French Valley airport.
7. Al Graham / Zenith CH650 - The rudder is almost completed and plans to bring it to our next meeting. Photos available on EAA's Builders Log site.
8. Dave / XENOS - the aircraft repairs are almost complete and he plans to fly in the next few days.
9. Lance / Pietenpol - rudder is complete and he will be attending an EAA aircraft covering workshop.
10. Rick / DR1 - tail feathers covered and covering in progress on two of the three wings.
11. Peter / Pietenpol - as part of a seasonal improvement program the cowling and other metal work will be repainted on Nov 29.
12. Marc / Warrior - the Warrior is undergoing some cosmetic paintwork over this weekend.
13. Dan Y / RV10 - Dan announced he is in the process or ordering a Van RV-10
14. Phillip / Vans RV-12 - the aircraft completed its maiden flight on Sep 4, many congratulations to Phillip, Carol, and N909PG.
Please check back here often as updates and maybe some photos will be posted as they become available.