EAA Chapter 43 Scholarship Program
To further our efforts to advance aviation, EAA Chapter 43 currently has a scholarship program to help both youth and young adults to obtain an aviation education.
The Chapter is looking for applicants who have:
A passion for aviation.
Dedication to an interest – ‘Tenacity’
A concentration on school work
Demonstrated aviation activities - e.g. Young Eagles, Young aviators, etc.
There is no set award amount. Historically the awards have varied and have ranged from $1,500 to $5,000
Strong preference will be given to candidates in the Denver front range area
Two general categories of scholarships are awarded: scholarships for EAA Oshkosh summer camps and scholarships for aviation related schooling or training
EAA Oshkosh Summer Camps (link to national site: https://www.eaa.org/eaa/youth/eaa-aviation-and-flight-summer-camps/eaa-air-academy)
Age 12 to 18
Parents responsible for transportation to Oshkosh
Aviation related schooling or training
Restrictions to awardees: Must be within 6 months age of the FAA age requirement of rating sought (e.g. 15 ½ for Private pilot and 13 ½ for glider)
Trade school - for example Spartan College for A/P training
Aerospace related college
Funds must be used within 18 months of award date
Funds will be paid directly to the recipients school
- In 2010, we helped three students obtain their solo check-outs and sent one student to the EAA Air Academy.
- In 2011, we helped two students work their way to their solo check-outs and sent one student to the EAA Air Academy.
- Our 2012 goals were exceeded with two students sent to the EAA Air Academy, two primary flight scholarships and two college scholarships given out.
- In 2013 we gave out a total of six scholarships ranging from flight schools to the EAA Air Academy summer camp.
- In 2014, we awarded scholarships to for three students to begin or continue pilot training, as well as sent one camper to EAA Air Academy summer camp.
- In 2015, we awarded three flying scholarships and sent one camper to EAA Air Academy
- In 2016, we awarded four scholarships, two for powered flight lessons, one for glider lessons, and one for EAA Air Academy summer camp.
- In 2017, we awarded six scholarships for powered flight lessons.
- In 2018, we awarded two Cleon Biter scholarships in collaboration with I Hart Flying!
- In 2019, we awarded a further two scholarships, one for powered flight lessons and one to pay for aircraft modifications to hand controls and other costs to get one of Cleon Biter's former students back in the air following a serious landing incident that left him paraplegic. We are also sending a camper to the EAA Air Academy.
- In 2020, we awarded three scholarships totaling $19,000.
- In 2021, we awarded four scholarships totaling $31,000 plus one Oshkosh Camp Adventure scholarship.
- In 2022, we awarded four scholarships totaling $17,000 plus two Oshkosh Camp Adventure scholarships.
- In 2023, we awarded seven scholarships totaling $34,000.
The deadline for scholarship applicants: November 30th
A link to the application is provided below. These must be in the hands of the committee chairman on the dates noted to be considered for prescreening.
Please review the age groups and dates for the EAA Air Academy if you are applying for camp and bring the camp title and dates to the interview. The link for the Academy is:
EAA Air Academy website
1. All applications will be screened as they are received.
2. Interviews with the selected applicants will be held in the month of December.
3. Scholarships will be announced in January.
If you have a desire to pursue aviation to a higher level, please fill out one of our application forms before the applicable deadlines. The required information is listed on the forms.
Scholarship Application due November 30th
Donate to the Scholarships
To donate specifically to the Scholarships, please click on the button below.