Founded in 1992, the Young Eagles program has dedicated more than 25 years to giving youth ages 8–17 their first free ride in an airplane. It’s the only program of its kind, with the sole mission to introduce and inspire kids in the world of aviation.
Nationally, the Young Eagles program has flown more than 2.2 million kids with the help of EAA’s network of volunteer pilots and ground volunteers, including the members of Chapter 846.
Each year we fly young people ages 8-17 at Wadsworth Airport. Each child will attend a short ground school, followed by a free airplane ride with a qualified pilot. A parent or guardian must be present.This year's event has been postponed. Please be watching here for a rescheduled date.
On Young Eagles Day
- Check here for any weather related delays
- Come down to Wadsworth Municipal Airport, located here. between 9 am - 1:30 pm.
- The child must be between the ages of 8-17, and be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- That's it! All registration is done on site.
- All Young Eagles will receive:
- A short ground school
- Aircraft walk-around
- Their flight
- A certificate and logbook, signed by their pilot
- Complimentary student membership to EAA until they reach 19
- Their name will be entered into the world's largest logbook