EAA Chapter 551

St. Cloud, MN

Ray Aviation Scholarship

EAA Ray Aviation ScholarshipThrough the generous support of the Ray Foundation, EAA provides up to $11,000 to deserving youths for their flight training expenses, totaling nearly $1,800,000 in scholarships annually.

The program is supported by more than 100 EAA chapters, and has supported over 400 scholars.  

Each year, our chapter supports one scholar, between the ages of 16 and 19, in the form of funding and mentorship to help him or her earn their pilot certificate.

Additional Chapter Information

EAAEach year the Chapter Scholarship Coordinator submits an application to National EAA for a 25/75% matching Ray Aviation Scholarship.  The Chapter must provide the matching 25% of the scholarship and the Ray Foundation will provide the other 75% of the scholarship.  EAA Chapter 551 is fundraising for the 25% matching funds now, which is $2750 of the $11,000 scholarship.

Participating in EAA’s Ray Aviation Scholarship Program is an honor that requires dedication, perseverance, ability to keep a schedule, study, and be prepared. If youth are still in high school and under the age of 18, EAA Chapter 551 recommends parental involvement to assist with completing the EAA Chapter 551 Ray Aviation Scholarship application and to be of support throughout the Private Pilot training process. For both parents/guardians and youth, this means attending as many Program Meetings as possible. This provides opportunity to ask questions regarding the Scholarship application process and once selected, to provide support to their EAA Chapter 551 Ray Aviation Scholar.

The EAA Ray Foundation Scholarship Program began in 2019. Since 2019, EAA Chapter 551 has supported five Ray Aviation Scholarships.

Detailed information on the program can be provided. Please contact the EAA Chapter 551 Scholarship Coordinator at EAA551Notam@gmail.com


To provide a better user experience, EAA uses cookies. To review EAA's data privacy policy or adjust your privacy settings please visit: Data and Privacy Policy.