Welcome to EAA Chapter 122! We are part of the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA), an international organization dedicated to the dynamic world of flight. Founded in 1953, EAA offers aviation-related activities for the entire family on the local, regional, and national levels.
EAA offers support to those building, restoring, and flying aircraft. Most importantly, it is dedicated to serving all of aviation by fostering and encouraging individual participation, high standards, and access to the world of flight in an environment that promotes freedom, safety, family, and personal fulfillment. To learn more about the EAA International organization, click here: https://www.eaa.org/
Members of EAA International can participate locally by joining any one of over 900 local chapters -- including ours! The only requirements for chapter membership are membership in EAA International, an interest in aviation, and a willingness to get involved.
Why join Chapter 122?
- Activities: Fly-ins, fly-outs, monthly presentations, Young Eagles Rallies, hosting EAA's WWII B-17 and 1929 Ford Tri-Motor aircraft, museum trips — become a member and you won't be bored... In fact, the biggest problem you'll have is deciding which activities you'll have time to participate in!
- Monthly 'Gatherings': Our social gatherings are a lively combination of flying stories, technical building discussions, activity planning, and just about anything an aviation enthusiast would want to see, do, or talk about. We rotate topics monthly to cover the 3 tenets of our chapter — "Building, Flying, & Sharing" — all that is aviation!
- Volunteerism: We encourage our members to participate. From fly-outs, to Young Eagles Rallies, to FAA Safety Team (FAAST) presentations, to aircraft building, to "Friday Flight Flicks" during the summer, there are countless opportunities to get involved. As with any member-driven organization, those who participate drive the direction of the group.
Joining EAA 122 is a simple process:
- Ask: Contact one of our Chapter Leaders to learn more about the organization.
- Apply: Fill out our Membership Application and send it to the address provided. You'll be added to our email distribution for notification of monthly gatherings, as well as flying & building events.
- Show Up: Much more fun — come a little early to one of our monthly gatherings (3rd Tuesday of each month), have some food & drink while you fill out the form, and enjoy the evening!