The application window for EAA Chapter 41’s 2023 Ray Aviation Scholarship closed on April 15th. Please stay tuned for future scholarship availability announcements.
The Ray Aviation Scholarship is an $11,000 scholarship awarded through EAA chapters to help cover the flight training expenses for deserving youth ages 16-19. EAA Chapter 41 is proud to have awarded three Ray Scholarships, with a fourth to be awarded in 2023.
The scholarship funds cover approved expenses such as airplane rental, fuel, instructor fees, insurance, and testing. EAA Chapter 41 provides its Ray Scholars with valuable mentorship and volunteer experience.
Who is Eligible?
- Be between ages 16 and 19 at the time of the award
- Be eligible to obtain an FAA medical certificate (not required at the time of initial application)
- Be able to begin flight training within 60 days of receiving the award
- Have the time and dedication to complete flight training within one year
- Have a contingency plan in case training costs more than the amount awarded
- Be willing to participate in at least two hours per month of chapter volunteer service
Due to the requirement for the candidate to volunteer with the chapter, EAA Chapter 41 is seeking candidates who live within 50 miles of Brennand Airport in Neenah, WI.
Please visit EAA’s Ray Scholar Eligibility and Requirements page for more information on eligibility and the selection process.
How to Apply
The application deadline for our 2023 Ray Aviation Scholarship has passed. We will announce future scholarship opportunities here, on our Facebook page, and in our newsletter.For questions about aviation scholarships available through EAA Chapter 41, please contact Steve Stefonik at 715-551-8213 or email@example.com.