EAA Chapter 41 is Seeking Flight Training Scholarship Candidates Ages 16-19
Fox Cities area youth have an exciting scholarship opportunity that can help them take to the skies this summer! Applications are now open for EAA Chapter 41's 2022 Ray Aviation Scholarship. The application deadline is May 31, 2022.
The Ray Aviation Scholarship is a $10,000 scholarship awarded through EAA chapters to help cover the flight training expenses for deserving youth.
The scholarship funds cover approved expenses such as airplane rental, fuel, instructor fees, insurance, and testing. EAA Chapter 41 will also provide its Ray Scholarship recipient with valuable mentorship and volunteer experience.
Who is Eligible?
- Be between ages 16 and 19 at the time of the award
- For private pilot students, be eligible to obtain an FAA medical certificate (not required at the time of initial application)
- Be able to begin flight training within 60 days of receiving the award
- Have the time and dedication to complete flight training within one year
- Have a contingency plan in case training costs more than the amount awarded
- Be willing to participate in at least two hours per month of chapter volunteer service
Please visit EAA’s Ray Scholar Eligibility and Requirements page for more information on eligibility and the selection process.
How to Apply
To apply, please e-mail the following information to EAA Chapter 41 Scholarship Coordinator Steve Stefonik at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Applicant's first and last name
- Applicant's e-mail address and phone number
- If the applicant is under age 18, include a parent or guardian's first and last name, e-mail address, and phone number
- A short 150 to 250-word essay, in the applicant's own words, explaining why they should be considered for this award
For questions about the program, please contact Steve Stefonik at 715-551-8213 or email@example.com.