2022 Michigan Aerobatic Open
Contest Dates are July 9 and 10, 2022
Bay City James Clements Airport 3CM
Times are not firm and will be adjusted to suit conditions.
July 7 Box day
July 8 Registration and Practice, Pizza diner
July 9 7:30 Pilot briefing, competition flights begin, Lunch available on site, when we are done flying: Strip Steak Dinner on site prepared by Mary Unger
July 10 7:30 Pilot briefing, competition flights begin, Lunch available on site, finish up flights, awards
Fuel available by self-serve, American Express is not accepted Bring your VISA or MC.
Contest Director: Dan Unger, email@example.com, 586-675-6030
Assistant CD: Hugo Ritzenthaler, firstname.lastname@example.org, 586-588-0145
To facilitate the registration process, we are asking competitors to pre-register before the deadline of July 1 by emailing the Registration, Tech Inspection and Volunteer Sign-Up forms as well a copy of their signed Free Sequence to Laura Buescher, Registrar (email@example.com)
Designated Contest Hotel: to be posted soon
HIGHEST SCORING BIPLANE MEDAL will be awarded
Aerobatic Contest Checklist
Prior to the contest:
- Check parachute will be current.
- Check Insurance paperwork to ensure aircraft has up-to-date insurance coverage (minimum of $1M liability)
- Check Aircraft will be in annual.
- Check that your Medical will be current.
- Check that aircraft has functioning radio.
- Check that your Free forms (A, B, C) are approved and signed. (This is for Intermediate, Advanced, and Unlimited. Also applies to Sportsman if you have your own Free program.)
- Make hotel and car rental reservations.
- Call or email the Contest Director for any special instructions.
Take to contest:
- Proof of insurance (binder letter or copy of declarations page is acceptable)
- Pilots license
- Current Pilot Medical
- Current IAC member card.
- Checkbook and Cash
- Copies of your Freestyle (we recommend 10 Form A, and 15 each for Forms B & C; however these numbers vary for different contests)
- Contest Rule Book (optional)
- Check Aircraft for ARROW documents:
- Airworthiness Certificate
- Registration Certificate
- Operating limitations
- Weight and Balance documents for your particular aircraft. Generic weight and balance documents are not sufficient.
- Aircraft logbook, or copy, showing the aircraft is in annual.
- Parachute (and current pack card)
- Current navigational charts
- Fuel filler hose (Pitts types) (optional)
- Oil filler spout (optional)
- Tool kit
- Sun Screen
- Chargers for battery-powered devices (cell phone, GPS, etc.)