EAA Chapter 75 Resume Some Activities - July 1, 2020:
Starting July 1, 2020, EAA Chapter President Jim Skadal and the EAA Chapter Board of Directors have reopened some functions for our chapter. The functions that have reopened are the 1st Saturday Coffee & Donuts, IMC Club and the Summer Potlucks. The 1500 Club at Carver Aero's conference room in Davenport, the Monthly Meetings at the Butterworth Center & Deere-Wiman Carriage House in Moline and the EAA Young Eagles program events remain suspended until further notice, per board resumption.
In this rapidly changing environment the safety of our members is our utmost importance and we are following all Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, EAA Headquarters, state/city/county/food-service officials, EAA Chapter 75 protocols and guidelines while our events return. We are excited to see each one of you at our next events!
General EAA Chapter 75 COVID-19 Guidelines:
• Stay home if you’re sick.
• Stay at least 6 feet from others (standing & sitting).
• A face mask is strongly encouraged when not eating, and particularly when talking to one another as this helps reduce the spread of COVID-19.
• Wash your hands often.
• No self-serve of food or drinks. A server will provide you with your needs.
Health and Safety Rules for the July Potluck
FOOD – Dion Car ill be providing grilled brats, hamburgers, coffee, water, and pop. Condiment packets will be provided. Bring a dish to share and be served by our dedicated food line servers.
EAA Chapter 75 Food Service Guidelines:
• This is also on page two of the August 2020 EAA Chapter 75 Newsletter
• Stay at home if you’re sick!
• Bring a card table, if possible. The chapter has chairs.
• A FACE MASK MUST BE WORN due to Illinois COVID-19 regulations.
• Maintain 6' separation in the food line, between tables and standing. It's OK for families to sit at the same table.
• No self-serve of food or drinks. A dedicated server will provide you with your needs.
• You must use a new paper plate, utensil, and drink cup each trip to the food line. Paper plates, cups and utensils will be provided.
• Individual condiment packets will be provided.
Additional comments or concerns contact EAA Chapter 75 President Jim Skadal at email@example.com or call 56
EAA Chapter 75 - 1st Saturday - Coffee and Donuts (August 1, 2020)
Date: Saturday, August 1
Host: Daniel Wolford
Location: KDVN - Davenport Municipal Airport, 9230 N Harrison St, Davenport, IA 52806 (Field Location: Hangar I-1)
Event information: We're having free coffee and donuts for everyone who attends. Let's get together for some fellowship and fun!
FLY IN: Davenport Municipal Airport (DVN). Just taxi to the new Executive Style Hangars (I-1) and park on the taxiway or grass. NOTAM ALERT: Runway 03/21 is closed due to Slopertown Road re-construction work until September 30, 2020. Runway 15/33 remains open.
DRIVE IN: Just drive to the Davenport Municipal Airport (DVN). We will be meeting at Daniel Wolford’s hangar, which is at the new Executive Style Hangars (I-1). Call Daniel Wolford at 309-229-9361 for the gate code if closed. See you there!!!
EAA Chapter 75 - IMC Club (August 4, 2020)
Topic: Instrument Meteorological Conditions
Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2020
Time: 6:00 PM
Location: Lindquist Ford, 3950 Middle Rd, Bettendorf, IA 52722
Event Information: Each month we discuss a flight scenario and everyone is encouraged to think about what they would do in that situation. The discussions are interesting because everyone brings their own experiences and training to the discussion
While the topic is typically instrument flight, we have a number of VFR pilots that attend and participate as well. All are welcome! Our goal is to make everyone a safer pilot.
The IMC Club’s purpose is to promote instrument flying, proficiency, and safety. The intent is to create a community of pilots willing to share information, provide recognition, foster communications, promote safety, and build proficiency in instrument flying. IMC Club chapters offer monthly meetings in which pilots can network and share knowledge and experiences.
Additional Information: Read the General EAA Chapter 75 COVID-19 Guidelines above.
EAA Chapter 75 - Potluck - (August 8, 2020)
Date: Saturday, August 8
Time: Lunch starts at NOON
Host: Dionn Carr
Location: Gen-Airpark Airport, 20035 E 1700th St, Geneseo, IL 61254
Event Information: See the Health and Safety Rules for the August Potluck and General EAA Chapter 75 COVID-19 Guidelines above.