The Ray Aviation Scholarship Fund is a scholarship program that is supported by the Ray Foundation, managed by EAA, and administered through the EAA chapter network. Through the generous support of the Ray Foundation, EAA will provide up to $10,000 to deserving youths for their flight training expenses, totaling nearly $1.2 million in scholarship funds annually.
Key components of the program will be the awarding of flight training scholarships for glider pilot, sport pilot, or private pilot training, full engagement of the EAA chapter network to identify and mentor scholars, and the continued engagement and tracking of scholars throughout the flight training process.
Awards will be available in the following amounts:
• Private pilot training — $10,000
• Sport pilot training — $7,500
• Glider pilot training — $5,000
Through the Ray Aviation Scholarship program, EAA and the Ray Foundation strive to make a positive impact on youths and young adults alike who have a strong passion for aviation. This impact will include financial and moral support throughout flight training, creating a welcoming environment for young aviators through the local EAA chapter, as well as creating a lifelong participant within the EAA chapter community.
Goals for the Program
• Maintain a flight training success rate of 90 percent for those taking part in the program.
• Create a supportive and mentoring community through EAA chapters to increase flight training success. Flight training is too often a solitary pursuit, but getting scholars immersed in a local aviation community will dramatically increase success.
• Celebrate milestones and success stories of Ray Aviation scholars.
• Create lifelong participants in general aviation and EAA chapters
To apply for the scholarship
Fill out the application at the link below and mail to:
EAA Chapter 55
P.O. Box 443
Mason MI 48854