The chapter was first incorporated in the state of Ohio as the “Heart of Ohio EAA Chapter 402” in 1972. It ran for some years and then the chapter must have fallen into inactivity for some time, until it was resurrected in the early ’90s. We have very few records on the chapter’s history; if you have any information to add, please contact the chapter secretary.
Our Chapter 402 Mission:
1. Promote and encourage education of the general public about recreational, the design and construction of amateur-built aircraft and the restoration of aircraft.
2. To promote and encourage education of the general public about aviation safety in the design, construction and operation of all types of aircraft.
3. To support and promote the mission, vision, goals and objectives of the Experimental Aircraft Association, Incorporated (“EAA”) through various Chapter programs and services.
4. To promote a positive, productive and cooperative relationship between the Chapter and those governmental agencies and private enterprises that provide aviation services and facilities that benefit the Chapter and members of the general public.
5. To do all things necessary to acquire and maintain federal tax-exempt status under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) [or (c)(4) or (c)(7) as appropriate] (or any future corresponding Code section) and to maintain compliance with the laws, rules and regulations attendant to that Code section (or any future corresponding Code section)