Train-A-Pilot eligibility requirements for the candidate are as follows:
(application link at the bottom of the page)
- 1. The candidate must be sixteen to eighteen years of age, inclusive.
- 2. The candidate must display an interest in an aviation career.
3. The candidate must have a grade average of B or higher in academic schoolwork.
- 4. The candidate must have parental permission and support to enter the training program. In addition, the parents of the candidate must execute a “Hold Harmless” agreement releasing EAA Chapter 274 and the EAA officers from any liability for and accident or injury suffered as a consequence of participation in flight training.
5. The candidate must pass the FAA medical examination administered by a designated FAA Medical Examiner before training begins.
6. The candidate must join and be active in both the National Experimental Aircraft Association and the local chapter 274.
7. Participation in the program requires a one year membership in the flying club providing the aircraft for training. The candidate is required to fulfill all flying club requirements and obligations.
8. The candidate will strive to have the time and ability to study and fly 8 hours per week, subject to the instructor’s schedule and complete the program within 120 days.* (Flexibility is necessary.)
9. The candidate is expected to pass the FAA written exam before commencing the first solo cross-country flight. *
10.The candidate is expected to accomplish the first solo flight within the first month of instruction. *
11.The candidate must provide his/her transportation to and from the training site.
12.The scholarship will provide 50 flight hours towards training. *
*The Train-A-Pilot committee may allocate additional time and payment. The funds are allocated for plane rental, fuel and instructor costs only.
If you feel you are an acceptable candidate after reading the eligibility requirements, print and complete the application which can be found . Mail to the address on the application.
- Click here to download application. (Link will be active only when we are accepting applications)