Our Chapter is initiating a fund raiser whose purpose is to purchase a brick for the Brown Arch at EAA headquarters. The information about the brick options is shown below. More information will be coming out soon. Our goal is to raise the funds and purchase the brick by April 2023.
8/21/2022 update: Great news the Chapter's brick fund has passed the 50% mark!!
Great news Chapter has achieved it's funding goal for the Brown Arch brick. Thanks to all of the members that contributed to the fund.
Leaving Your Mark
The Brown Arch is surrounded by 3,000 inscribable bricks allowing you to “leave your mark” at Oshkosh. Your legacy, friends, or family will be treasured under the arch as you join the ranks of others who have carved their place in AirVenture history. Brown Arch tribute bricks are available for purchase in three options: full brick, half brick, or quarter brick. Within the overall design is a biplane* representing the beginnings of aviation and EAA’s grassroots. Four Compass Rose bricks, two flanking north and two flanking south, combine to form the biplane’s “cowling.” The center of the Compass Rose marks the distance to Kitty Hawk, the historical place where Wilbur and Orville Wright landed their first sustained flight and created the most significant development in aviation history.
*Certain bricks selections within the tribute area have limited availability.
- Whole — $1,000 (includes 11 rows of text with 30 characters per row)**
- Half — $600 (includes six rows of text with 30 characters per row)
- Quarter — $350 (includes six rows of text with 16 characters per row)
- Bi-plane wheels — $5,000 (includes 11 rows of text with 30 characters per row)**
- Bi-plane wings — $2,000 (includes 11 rows of text with 30 characters per row)**
Purchasing a brick at the $1,000 or $2,000 level lets you choose the location of your brick.