Through the generous support of the Ray Foundation, EAA provides up to $10,000 to deserving youths for their flight training expenses, totaling nearly $1,200,000 in scholarships annually.
The program is supported by more than 100 EAA chapters, and supports close to 120 scholars.
Each year, our chapter supports one scholar, between the ages of 16 and 19, in the form funding and mentorship to help him or her earn their pilot certificate.
EAA Chapter 1414 has been approved to recommend one candidate, in 2022, for a $10,000 flight training Scholarship from the Ray Foundation.
The scholarship will be awarded to deserving individual that demonstrates a passion for aviation, is eager to obtain a license as a Glider Pilot, Light Sport Pilot or a Private Pilot and can demonstrate the determination and commitment to follow the program requirements to completion. The chapter plans to review candidates and make a selection prior to June 1, 2022.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Age 15-19 for glider training
• Age 16-19 for powered flight training
• Possession of a student pilot certificate prior to recommendation to the EAA
• Possession of FAA medical certificate (private pilot students)prior to recommendation to the EAA
Additional consideration will be given to candidates who are former Young Eagles, EAA student members, or actively participating in the EAA Flight Plan specifically the Sporty’s Learn to Fly Course.
Once selected by the chapter, the candidate will be recommended to the EAA through an application process. If approved by EAA, the scholarship recipient will have to comply with the following requirements:
- Partake in two hours of chapter volunteer service per month, such as:Young Eagles rally volunteering, volunteer at pancake breakfast/fly-ins, Chapter build project support, Chapter gathering participation, Chapter social media and website maintenance
- Submit regular progress reports during monthly check-ins
- Reach designated flight training milestones, as outlined by EAA's training timeline:
- Start Training within 2 months of selection
- Solo within 4 months of starting training
- Pass Written Knowledge Test within 6 months of starting
- Pass Practical Flight Test for appropriate license within 1 year of starting
More EAA information can be located at the following Webpage.
The application to EAA Chapter 1414 for the Ray Scholarship may located at the following link: EAA 1414 Ray Scholarship Application
To discuss details with a Chapter 1414 representative Please email your request to: email@example.com