Through the generous support of Mike Schmitz, EAA Chapter 1358 will provide a $10,000 scholarship to a deserving youth for their flight training expenses.
Candidates must email their application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and the applications must detail their education, experiences with aviation, and reasons why you want to learn to fly.
Applications must be received by April 30, 2022 and the scholarship winner will be announced at the chapter meeting on May 14, 2022.
Local candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Age 16-19 for powered flight training
- Possession of a student pilot certificate
- Possession of FAA medical certificate (private pilot students)
- Be able to begin their flight training within 60 days of receiving the award
Additional consideration will be given to candidates who are former Chapter 1358 Young Eagles, EAA student members, and actively participating in the EAA Flight Plan, specifically the Sporty’s Learn to Fly Course.
The scholarship recipient will have to comply with the following requirements:
- Partake in two hours of chapter volunteer service per month, such as:
- Young Eagles rally volunteering.
- Volunteer at pancake breakfast/fly-ins
- Chapter build project support
- Chapter gathering participation
- Chapter social media and website maintenance
- Submit regular progress reports during monthly check-ins
- Reach designated flight training milestones, as outlined by EAA Chapter 1358 training timeline