Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
11,12 and 14 March 2020 - In spite of a smaller than usual turnout, some good progress was made this week on the RV-10. A lot of time was devoted to the seat back assemblies. They were really beginning to come together when Steve remembered that he had an unused completed set left over from his RV-9 project. He brought them over from his hangar and we found them to be an exact match to what we had been working on. We counted our earlier work as good practice. Meanwhile, two holes in the belly along with backing plates were made for air conditioning plumbing and elevator push rods were connected up along with a bell crank. Steve wisely decided to deviate from the plans a little and create access panels in the floor plates in order to be able to service antennas if necessary. Jason gave his kids a lesson in drilling on those. The landing gear is soon going to be getting attention, but first some work needed to be done on the firewall. We had to cut three large holes in the firewall to accommodate the mounts for engine control cables. Stainless steel is difficult to cut, but Steve has some hole cutting tools that do a good job. Once we have the rest of the firewall forward kit, we will finish mounting stuff to the firewall and then install the engine mount to which the nose wheel assembly is attached. All of this will continue on Wednesday, March 18th at 9:00.
Cub News: Last week Jerry and I drove the Cub’s engine parts down to C & D Aviation in Bessemer Alabama. The folks down there could not have been nicer. They spent several hours with us inspecting parts and showing us their operation. We have full confidence we’re going to have a good engine when they are finished with it. They said they would try to have it finished in time for us to fly the Cub to the Sentimental Journey fly-in this June.